Thursday, 27 November 2014
Monday, 24 November 2014
I apologise again for lacking on making videos and posting blogposts on this blog. However, to make up for all the long wait, I subjected a new video and its a collective haul of all the makeup and beauty necessities I have accumulated during these past few months. They are a mixture of high-end to drugstore cosmetics and have exceeded my expectations, well most of them. I absolutely adored these products and I definitely recommend all of it. Some may be over-priced but, you never know.. Christmas is just round the corner ;)
Video Link: http://youtu.be/Hi8a8jT4tsw
Considering how long this video is, I have done my best to shorten it and ensured that I wouldn't rumble on too much. Still though, I thank you for spending your time watching it and now you're on my blog reading this :) It makes me smile.
The swatches and more in-depth review of such products will most certainly happen as I do not want to disappoint you all. It would be a great pleasure to share my experience and opinions of these cosmetics stated on my Youtube video.
❤ Products Listed:
- Revolution Eye Palette - Redemption Palette / Acid Brights (Swatches will be up soon/Link)
- Revolution Eye Palette - Salvation Palette / Welcome to the Pleasure dome (Swatches will be up soon/Link)
- Revolution Single Eyeshadows - #Hang up, #MMMM, #BASE!, #Pink Is It
- Becca Ombre Nudes Eye Palette (Retail Price: £34) http://bit.ly/1vDV5GQ (REVIEW: LINK)
- Laura Mercier - Illuminating Eye Colour / #Crystal Fantasy (Retail Price: £5) http://bit.ly/1uR2ql4
- MAC Cosmetics, E/S (Retail Price: £13) #Copperplate, #Rule http://bit.ly/1dpD0Bu
- Barry M - Nail Polish / #BlackBerry (Retail Price: £3.99) http://bit.ly/18lZdP3 http://bit.ly/ZAHdyH
- RCMA - Highlight and Contour Palette (Retail Price: £25) http://bit.ly/1zhLeo4
- Tom Ford - Illuminating Highlight pen (Retail Price: £40) #06 Dusk Bisque http://bit.ly/1v0A1rw
- MUA - Pro-base Prime and Conceal Powder (Retail Price: £4) http://bit.ly/1HCQfxD
- Tom Ford - Illuminating Powder (Retail Price: £56) #Translucent http://bit.ly/1rgwAJp
- MAC Cosmetics - Cream Colour Base (Retail Price: £15.50) #Mid-tone Sepia, #Au Naturale http://bit.ly/1vDTUrI
- Givenchy - Poudre Bonne Mine / Bronzing Powder (Retail Price: £33.50) #Douce http://bit.ly/1C3pcv1
- RMS Beauty- Living Luminizer (Retail Price: £30) http://bit.ly/1clsdec
- Essence - Soo Glow Cream-to-Powder / #10 Look on the Bright Side http://bit.ly/1xJVBTd
- Revolution - Highlighters / #Golden Lights, #Peach Lights, #Pink Lights
- Becca - Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed (Retail Price: £30) / #Opal http://bit.ly/1myEd0Q
- Nars Cosmetics - Blush/Highlighter (Retail Price: £22.50) #Albatross http://bit.ly/1FhZMWU
- Bobbi Brown - Highlight Powder (Retail Price: £34) #Pink Glow L/E http://bit.ly/1vgOe4Y
- Chanel Cosmetics - Camelia De Plumes Highlighter Powder (Retail Price: £47) L/E http://bit.ly/1xq8NsK
- Urban Decay - Naked Illuminated Shimmer Powder Face and Body (Retail Price: £22) #Aura http://bit.ly/1v0B0YL
- Revolution - Concealers #Medium Dark #Light Medium
- MAC Cosmetics - Pro Long Wear Paint pot (Retail Price: £15.50) #Soft Ochre http://bit.ly/1jNKVcx
- L'Oreal Paris - Perfection Brow Artist Plumper (Retail Price: £5.99) #Blonde http://bit.ly/1tpoOge
- Revlon - Color stay Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (Retail Price: £7.99) #Blackest Black http://bit.ly/1qYbbKz
- Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil (Retail Price: £15) #Perversion http://bit.ly/11N2G8E
- Chanel Cosmetics - Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil (Retail Price: £20) #987 or Blanc L/E http://bit.ly/1vDUntU
- Rimmel - Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner (Retail Price: £3.99) #005 Nude http://bit.ly/1fz34cJ
- Maybelline - Master Drama Cream Eyeliner Pencil (Retail Price: £4.49) #Dark Brown http://bit.ly/1y6pxJe
- Revolution - Lipstick #Scandalous
- MUA - Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer (Retail Price: £3) #Tranquility http://bit.ly/1yK8cEf
- Real Techniques - Starter Set 1406 Brushes (Retail Price: £21.99) http://bit.ly/RNc9rW
- Givenchy Cosmetics - Le Pinceau Kabooki Brush (Retail Price: £34) http://bit.ly/15bCRl5
- Nars Cosmetics - Ita Kabuki Brush (Retail Price: £43) http://bit.ly/1HCQnNq
- Topshop - Temporary Tattoos (Retail Price: £5) http://bit.ly/1tpoTAj
- Sweater: Topshop
- Shirt: H&M
- Contact Lens: Geo Lenses
- Bed Sheets: Primark
- Kina Grannis Elements Album - http://kinagrannis.com/music
I hope you enjoyed the YT video and this blog posts, friends. Have a great holidays and hope you had a great weekend. Thank you again.
Sette Ventura ❤
Thursday, 20 November 2014
Sunday, 16 November 2014
How you guys doing? I will be reviewing both Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge back to back. Since, it is highly requested; I ensured that I will be covering as much points as possible to ease all the drama between both of these sponges, ha ha. Joking. But seriously, I have tried and tested out these sponges for a long duration of time and can honestly share my experiences and opinions on both of these products. Also, I am going to mention and highlight on this blogpost about the differences, and similarities of these products side by side and which I do prefer. However, before I start reviewing both these products, I just want to claim that I am not paid in any shape or form to share my opinions and truthfully, I just love sharing with you all these kind of reviews to help you choose whether If its worth it or not ;)
Beauty Blender Description: "Beauty Blender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion. Forget your fingers or sharp-edged triangular sponges, these application methods waste makeup and can leave visible streaks. Beauty Blender's patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Beauty Blender is latex free, non-allergenic and odour free."
Dior Backstage Blender Description: "The egg-shaped, ergonomic Fluid Foundation Sponge delivers seamless application, even in the most hard-to-reach places, for a radiant and sculpted studio finish. Application tips: 1- Use the side of the sponge to blend foundation over the entire face. 2- Use the tip to apply foundation on specific areas (wings of the nose, eye contour, etc.)The base can be used to adjust coverage on areas that require greater correction. ".
Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge.
Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender (Side by Side, Close-up)
As shown in the above picture, I have both Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender next to each other. The Dior Backstage Blender is quite longer yet more of an oval Shape but the Beauty Blender is more rounder in the other end and pointier on the other. To be honest, they both look egg-shaped anyway.
Comparing both blenders when not soaked in water, they both have closed pores nonetheless, their texture are somewhat different from each other. The Beauty Blender is a lot more 'bouncier' and more porous which allows water to pass through the blender yet the texture of the Dior Backstage Blender is quite Velvety, a lot more closed pores and not so 'bouncy'.
Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge (When soaked with water)
Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge (When soaked in water and hand comparison)
As you can see in the above images, the Beauty Blender expanded its shape whilst being damped with water. This is because the pores of the sponge are a lot more open thus, allowed water to seep through. On the other hand, the Dior Blender remained as its original shape and size. After many trials of multiple use of both these sponges, I can honestly say that the damp Beauty Blender dries for quite a long duration of time compared with the Dior Blender Sponge.
Cleanliness: I have attempted and tried to clean and disinfect these sponges using different products that could help not destroy its original shape, texture and colour. I mostly use baby shampoo to clean both the sponges by applying a good amount of product on the sponge then massaging it thoroughly on the palm of my hand under warm-to-cold water. Another cleaning application I found that works well with blenders are the Beauty Blender shampoo or soap. I am sure that there are hundreds of tutorials in Youtube that demonstrates how to clean Sponge Blenders any way, so therefore, I could save you some time instead of me blubbering further into a subject that has already been covered by many bloggers and MUAs. Here's an example:
Video Link: http://youtu.be/-ERzchbhxoo by Tracy Timberlake.
- Beauty Blender: There are many videos out there establishing on how to use this product and which makeup format works well with it. I just simply love using this sponge when damped with water to apply my regular liquid face products such as foundations, highlighters and concealers. It gives such a beautiful airbrush finish and you can definitely enjoy it more when it has been dampen as this allows to reduce and break down the feeling of heaviness and deep concentration of the foundation product into the skin. Firstly, I apply the foundation or concealer directly on the face using my fingers or brush then I blend it thoroughly in a patting motion using my damp Beauty Blender.
- Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge: The best method in which I use this Dior Blender is when its kept in its dry state and shape. This is because it does not really do much change even when it has been dampened with water. I love how easy it is to use without standing up and going to the sink to dampen it, ha ha. As repeated above, I use the same method on how I apply my liquid face products which are the simple apply with fingers then blend in a tapping motion.
I like using both sponges on liquid face products as it gives a radiant and flawless finish. However, I am not really a big fan using it with powder or creme format products as it does not give me the result I am looking for compared with using an actual makeup brush and puffs.
- Beauty Blender:
- Air-brush finish
- Helps break down the heaviness of the face product
- Refreshes face
- Variety of colours
- Best used when damped
- Best applicator for liquid products
- Availability everywhere.
- Softer and Spongier
- Available shampoo and solid soap
- Dior Blender Sponge:
- Air-brush finish
- Cheaper price compared with the Beauty Blender
- Easy to clean
- Best applicator for liquid products
- Best used when dry
- Not so fragile
My experience: Sharing my experience with both these sponges and I just wanted to assure you that everything mentioned in this section of the blog post are based on my actual thoughts and opinions of the product. As much as I love my Beauty Blender, It sometimes is a pain removing the stains on the actual blender even when I am using its branded soap or shampoo and it can be quite fragile so I had to be careful whilst cleaning and using it. I actually do prefer using this product whilst its damp and when being applied in a patting motion, it feels like you're punching your face with cotton balls haha.
I am starting to also love the Dior Blender Sponge but still getting used to how I prefer using it and so on. My experience with this product is quite different than it is with the Beauty Blender. You do not have to damp this product and it is a go-to-makeup tool that allows you to quickly access on blending your concealer or foundation, when you are running late in your usual errand or work. The con's in which I faced with this product are that when using it in a patting motion, it feels like you're punching yourself with rubber and its texture in my opinion, are like any other makeup sponge you find from the pound stores or any drugstores. I do not really see the hype on this product, I guess its just the brand name that got me into buying it. I do not regret any of my decisions because it is always great to have sponges in your beauty makeup kit. I still do prefer my Beauty Blender.
There you go guys and girls, This is my whole review of both the Beauty Blender and the Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge back-to-back. I hope you enjoyed reading my review on these products as much as I have reviewing and sharing it for you all. Please, if you have time. Let me know your thoughts and opinions too underneath this blog post. Thank you so much guys. Underneath this, I will be posting the prices and where you can all purchase both these products.
Price & Websites:
- Beauty Blender £15-£28
- Selfridges: http://bit.ly/1xDNBSp
- Beauty Blender Website: http://bit.ly/1y5C9hW
- Beauty Bay: http://bit.ly/1cGS9KA
- Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge £10.80-£12
- Debenhams: http://bit.ly/11dZgLY
- Boots: http://bit.ly/1vdV7pA
- Selfridges: http://bit.ly/1uzf6gc
- Dior: http://bit.ly/1BASgKd
P.S. I will have a tutorial coming up soon demonstrating on how I apply my liquid products using the Dior Backstage Blender.
Have a great days guys and take care,
Sette Ventura ❤
Friday, 14 November 2014
First of all, I just wanted to say sorry for neglecting you for weeks. I became so busy with running errands and having to keep up with my new job. Oh how fun. But the good news is, I will start reviewing some products tomorrow and onwards on products that has been longly awaited for. Also, I have tried and experienced using such products for a while now and can honestly, say my varied opinions and share my experience with it. I am very lucky to have you guys who have been keeping up with this blog and I would like to thank you so much for your patience. It has been a good motivator boost to assure that my blog is kept up-to-date as much as I can. I will list in this blogpost the reviews that are going to be featured in the blog as well as extra bits and bobs about my adventures, If you do fancy knowing what I have been up to. Ha ha. However, I could not guarantee to you that some of these blog posts will be posted in order but I most certainly will assure that every one of these blog posts are achieved and posted.
Blog posts coming up soon:
- Beauty Blender VS. Dior Blending Sponge (Done)
- Yes Style Skincare Haul and Reviews
- MAC Contouring shades (Cream) and how I use them.
- Monster High Collaboration - Dracula Inspired (X)
- Collection Haul Vid (Done)
- Update on hair and products used.
- My new job and what I have been up to lately.
- Autumn Inspired Look
- Review on Desio Lens (Desio) VS Geo Lens (Yes Style)
- Update on Skincare Routine
- Update on Everyday Makeup Routine
- Favourite Highlighters.
- Must Haves and Top 14 Products of 2014 (Done)
- Vlogs (Continuing to 2015)
- Contouring & Highlighting Makeup Routine - Tips & Tricks
- New Years Resolution & How I can achieve it. (X)
- Gym Journey & Diet Plan
- Plans I will be doing next year
I will be posting my new blog post this Sunday, 16th of November about my experience using the Beauty Blender and Dior Blending Sponge.
I miss you guys and I hope you have a great day.
Love love you all
P.s. I have changed my Instagram Username to: Setteventura
P.s. I have changed my Instagram Username to: Setteventura